The O2 (Objective2) Headphone Amplifier is the first design of the US blogger and electrical engineer NwAvGuy which is produced under the Common Creative License
- 3.5mm Input and Output Connector
- ALPS Stereo Potentiometer
- 220V~ 15 VAC 500mA Power supply (Euro plug)
- 2x 9V 280mA Ni-MH Batteries
- Gain switch (2.5x and 6.5x gain as standard)
- Size 108.5 x 84 x 30 mm (without Volume Knob)
- Black, Silver, blue, Red or Green case with matching panels by default (different colors, acrylic clear or bamboo optional)
The gain settings will accommodate a wide range of Headphones from 16 Ohms to 250 Ohms (this should cover 95% of on the market available headphones). Should you want to use more or less effective headphones, gain settings can be amended to 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8.5x, 10x and 12x. Please choose Non Standard from the Gain Options and specify your desired gain settings in the comments field underneath it.
|Frequency Response||+/- 0.1 dB|
|Noise (ref 400 mV)||-105 dB|
|THD 1 Khz 150 Ohms||0.0016%|
|Output Impedance||0.54 Ohms|
|Battery Life||~8-10 hours|
A full list of the measurements can be found in NwAvGuy's blog.
6.3mm (1/4") Headphone socket available as option, comes together with back power connector.